Psalm 78:6-7 ~ ...that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God...


My prayer is that you will be helped, encouraged, and challenged by some of the things I post on this blog. I make no claims to be an expert in leading a family. I make no claims in being the model spiritual leader in the home, but I do love God's word, and I do love to remind myself daily of how gracious and merciful and steadfast in his love God is, I do want to make the cross of Jesus Christ central in my home, and I do want to be helpful to those whom God has entrusted me to care for. We are all on this journey together to tell the next generation the praises of God so that our children and our children's children will set their hope in God.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Back....

Many of you have either approached me personally or sent e-mail why I haven’t posted a blog entry for over 2 months now. One reason has to do with the busy ministry months of July and August. I questioned whether it was right for me to use my time posting blogs. I have 24 hours in a day (minus 5-8 for sleep) and because it takes quite a bit of thought for me to write, I didn’t think it was the best use of my time. A second reason has to do with whether or not this is an effective way to challenge, encourage, exhort, confront, etc… others in their walk with the Lord. A third reason has to do with the many blogs already out in the blogosphere related to spiritual things, the Bible, family life, parenting, theology, the gospel, etc… I didn’t think another one was needed. In fact I have a difficult time already finding time to read blogs that are challenging and thought provoking. But after the encouragement I received from many of you to keep blogging, I’ve resolved that this is a wise use of my time, and if what I post is helpful for one or two people, then its purpose is accomplished. So for the one or two of you that read this blog, stay posted for future entries.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you are back! While it is true that there are many blogs out there that discuss the same issues, what they do not have is the ROLAND's PERSONAL thoughts, experiences, etc. That makes a big difference. We look at your blog with different eyes because we know you. Out of your blogs, we feel encouraged by how you deal with issues. Even with your strong relationship with God, with seminary time, with your pastorship, yet, you still endure trials, and that makes you a perfect reminder that you are a human being. You bring it close to home. In that case, we the Lett family welcome you back!

Michael and Jessica said...

Glad you're back!

Eric 'n Leah said...

We read it.
:-) Love, Eric & Leah Moffat

Katie said...

Hey Roland,
I'm glad you're able to write again. I've enjoyed the things that you've had to say!